Sunday, March 25, 2012

Derived column in SQL Server 2005 SSIS

Hi,

I am trying to upload a csv file into a destination SQL Server table using Data FLow objects in MS SQL Server 2005 SSIS. My destination table X has a date column while my source data file (for which i have a flat file connection) does not have a date column. I created a Derived column for date using the system date function in my Source data object and ran the package but it returned errors. I changed the data type of the derived column but I still get errors.

is there any other way i can get the date on the fly i.e generate a date for the incoming source file and map that (insert into) to the destination table ?

Thanks.

Post your errors here and we can then better help you. Also ensure that you have the correct date types flowing into the given date column.|||

Devived column name - Name for your date field

Devived column - should be <add as new column>

The expression columns should be GETDATE()

On the advanced Editor - Make sure to select the date name to be used in the output columns.

this should work for you.

Hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment