Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Derived Column Transformation - Error

Can i call the FUNCTION within another FUNCTION

Like SUBSTRING(CHECK_NO,2,LEN(CHECK_NO) - 1) ?

I am reading the Check_No "1234321" from the flat file. The file holds all the value within double quote and values are sepearated by comma.

Objective: I am trying to elimiate the double quote using "Dervied Column'.

Strange: The above FUNCTION is working fine while construct the SQL Query.

Pls help me. Thank you.

Why don't you use the REPLACE function:

REPLACE(CHECK_NO, ""","") - I am replacing the double quotes with a null value

|||

The syntax becomes RED in color REPLACE(CHECK_NO, ""","")

It means syntax error. Am i right ?

Sorry, I am new to SSIS. Thanks for your help|||

Try

Code Snippet

REPLACE(CHECK_NO, "\"", "")

The quote needs to be escaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment