Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Derived column not processing any records

Hi,

I have built a package in which i use a derived column to create a new set of columns and then pass the same to another target transformation.

The issue now what I am facing is, the re are certain number of records coming from source(16 rows) and gets processed before the Derived Column transformation, but after that, no records gets processed after the derived column transformation.

The package status shows as Success, but there is no records being written in the target table.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks,

Manish

Have you used data viewers on the data flow to see why records are not "passing" through? The records HAVE to go through the derived column -- it can't stop them.

Are you positive the records are not coming out of the derived column transformation?|||

Are no records being written to your destination, or you're just missing the derived values?

If the latter, I'd also check your column mappings in your destination (or any transformations downstream of your Derived Column Trx and upstream of your destination) to make sure your new columns are mapped. This is particularly important if you added the Derived Column Trx later in the development of your data flow. The mappings won't automatically appear.

|||

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have put data viewers before and after the derived column transformation. The data viewer before the transformation shows the 13 records being passed, but the data viewer after the transformation doesnt show up any record, it is blank. I have tried many option in the mapping, but no luck.

I am now re-creating the mapping to check if the issue persists.

THough, let me know if you can think of any other scenario which could help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Manish

|||

ManishSingh wrote:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have put data viewers before and after the derived column transformation. The data viewer before the transformation shows the 13 records being passed, but the data viewer after the transformation doesnt show up any record, it is blank. I have tried many option in the mapping, but no luck.

I am now re-creating the mapping to check if the issue persists.

THough, let me know if you can think of any other scenario which could help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Manish

What mapping? There are no mappings in the derived column transformation.|||By mapping I was referring to the package. I tried various options to delete transformation and add another etc in the package to check for the data flow|||

ManishSingh wrote:

By mapping I was referring to the package. I tried various options to delete transformation and add another etc in the package to check for the data flow

Make a copy of your package for this test.

Leave everything as is, but remove EVERYTHING AFTER the derived column transformation and add a row count transformation. Hook it up to the derived column transformation. This will be your new destination. You'll need to add a variable for the row counter, of course.

Run the package. What happens? Does the derived column pass all rows through now?|||

Phil,

Thanks for your response. I was out of office, so couldnt reply back.

I tried adding the row count as the destination after the derived column transformation, and it was running successfully. Then again, I removed the row count and added the transformation again, and it started working. I am not sure, what could be the issue, but now its running fine.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it!!!!!!!!

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment