Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deserialization failed

I created a table with merged cells - etc. tried to render it and got the
following error:
Deserialization failed: The table "table2" has rows that contain a different
number of cells than the number of the columns in the table (including cells
that span more than one column)
Is there a way to fix this without redoing the whole report. The designer
won't show it in the layout window.
Thanks,
DavidI don't have a solution to your problem per se but I can tell you when it
seems to occur.
This happens to me when I cut/copy and paste columns that contain merged
cells. The merged cells themselves are ok. It seems that the copy/paste of
them doesn't work properly.
If I need to copy them now I unmerge them first copy then and merge them
back.
If this happens before you have exited the designer, you can usually salvage
your work by deleting the pasted rows in design view. After you have exited
the designer, it will no longer load the report into design view so short of
editing the rdl file manually (Which seems like it would be painful) I do
not know how to recover from this.
This appears to be a bug in the designer. Has anyone else experienced this?
General Patton
"CapitalEMR" <CapHS@.hvif.com> wrote in message
news:uCe3$gqVFHA.544@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I created a table with merged cells - etc. tried to render it and got the
> following error:
> Deserialization failed: The table "table2" has rows that contain a
different
> number of cells than the number of the columns in the table (including
cells
> that span more than one column)
> Is there a way to fix this without redoing the whole report. The designer
> won't show it in the layout window.
> Thanks,
> David
>|||Yes, this is a known problem in Report Designer.
--
Albert Yen
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"General_Patton" <general_patton@.community.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:OyR9In$VFHA.2196@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I don't have a solution to your problem per se but I can tell you when it
> seems to occur.
> This happens to me when I cut/copy and paste columns that contain merged
> cells. The merged cells themselves are ok. It seems that the copy/paste of
> them doesn't work properly.
> If I need to copy them now I unmerge them first copy then and merge them
> back.
> If this happens before you have exited the designer, you can usually
> salvage
> your work by deleting the pasted rows in design view. After you have
> exited
> the designer, it will no longer load the report into design view so short
> of
> editing the rdl file manually (Which seems like it would be painful) I do
> not know how to recover from this.
> This appears to be a bug in the designer. Has anyone else experienced
> this?
> General Patton
>
>
> "CapitalEMR" <CapHS@.hvif.com> wrote in message
> news:uCe3$gqVFHA.544@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> I created a table with merged cells - etc. tried to render it and got the
>> following error:
>> Deserialization failed: The table "table2" has rows that contain a
> different
>> number of cells than the number of the columns in the table (including
> cells
>> that span more than one column)
>> Is there a way to fix this without redoing the whole report. The
>> designer
>> won't show it in the layout window.
>> Thanks,
>> David
>>
>|||"Albert Yen [MSFT]" wrote:
> Yes, this is a known problem in Report Designer.
That's really great you already know that. The question is, if there is some
RDL hack how one can remedy the problem. I've worked on a report for four
hours now and suddenly I've got that "Deserialization failed" error message.
Please, don't tell me I've got to do that work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment