Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deserialization failed error. Trying to automate an RDL file.

Whenever I try to change the SQL query on the RDL (which is an XML doc) and save it under a different name (to keep the original) I get the error...
"Deserialization failed: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'NAME'. Line 3325 position 28"

I am checking that line number and cannot fine any correlation.

One way to replicate this error is to create a new rdl file querying any number of fields. Save it and try to edit the sql using notepad inside the <CommmandText> section of the XML file. All I am doing is adding a union query so the fields stay the same, but I keep getting that error.

My purpose behind this is to generate rdl files with different sql criteria from an orignal template rdl.

Can any of you gurus figure this out?

No anwers on this yet?|||Still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment