Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Derived Column task and GETDATE()

I am using a "Derived Column" task as below:

Derived column name: update_timestamp
Derived Column : <add as new column>
Expression: GETDATE()
Data Type : database timestamp[DT_DBTIMESTAMP]

When I try to use an Ole DB Destination after this task, and map this derived column to columnX (datatype: timestamp) of tableA, I get this error:

Validation error. Data Flow Task - mytaskname: OLE DB Destination - my_oledb_destination [711]: The OLE DB provider used by the OLE DB adapter cannot convert between types "DT_DBTIMESTAMP" and "DT_BYTES" for "update_timestamp". MyPackage.dtsx 0 0

In the advanced editor for the Ole DB Destination, under "Input and Output Properties" tab, under External Columns, the data type for column update_timestamp shows up as DT_BYTES. Even if I try to change it, it reverts back to DT_BYTES.

I am using June CTP.

Any ideas?

thanks,
NiteshGot it. My mistake.
Changed destination column's datatype to datetime and it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment