Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deserialization Failed: Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching columns.

After about an hour and a half of validation, my Analysis Services database has been migrated from 2000 to Analysis Services 2005.

I am now receiving the error in the subject any time I try and access the Data Source View that was created. All dimensions and cubes cannot be processed.

I have tried editing the xml manually to no avail.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Would still like to know what the issue is, but I found a workaround in the meantime.

I manually edited the .dsv file, renamed the ids, and restarted OLAP. I then opened the project in Business Intelligence Studio, and manually created the DSV. After a couple of renames of calculated columns the project seems to build properly.

|||I have exactly the same problem (Migration : all OK but I can not open the dsv properties )
I don't understand your resolution.
The migration generated a file .dsv.xml
What "Id" did you rename ?
I tried to rename the data source view ID but still cannot open
I cannot open the databases through Visual Studio. Same error message.

No comments:

Post a Comment