Thursday, March 29, 2012

Deserialization failed: error message

This is the message I get when I try to create a report that has a lot of fields, I'm guessing that might be the problem.

Warning 1 Deserialization failed: The value must be between 0cm and 406.34921cm.
Parameter name: Width Line 10, position 30. 10 0

When you say lots of field how many are you talking about I wrote one that generated 165 valid pages with many concatenated columns.

|||

Thanks for the reply.

54 fields so doubt that is the issue.

|||sorry wrong query; the query involved returns 623 fields lol I think I will have to cut it down Smile

|||

I don't think you are getting that many fields from a database, if you are then you need to design it because if you do files and association the core of relational design 623 can be reduced to less than 100 fields. Hope this helps.

|||

Not my database and yes I am getting that many fields as I counted them.

Thanks for the replies I have sent the query back to the provider, will see what happens.

|||

I think you are getting Excel files in database files because relational design reduces such bloat to manageable tables and columns. Post again later because with design you can move the columns to a view and just call the view for that report.


sql

No comments:

Post a Comment